Principal Investigators (PIs) are responsible for contacting the Florida State University Office of Environmental Health and Safety for all necessary safety information about handling hazardous or flammable material.
In addition, the PI is responsible for:
- Complying with all aspects of the Florida Right to Know Law by providing all Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to their project personnel for all materials in all spaces they occupy (Safety Data Sheets can be downloaded from this site: https://www.msdsonline.com/sds-search/).
- Arranging for use of radionuclides through the FSU Radiation Safety Office.
- Providing all the necessary personal safety information and equipment for all individuals handling hazardous materials, including:
- appropriate containers and handling equipment that are safety approved and properly labeled
- appropriate materials for clean-up and disposal of all materials
- instruction in all appropriate safety procedures attendant to the presence of the materials