Current Job Openings
About All Advertised Staff Positions
All staff positions listed below are for the Florida State University Coastal & Marine Laboratory (FSUCML) in St. Teresa, FL, located about 45 miles southwest of the main FSU campus in Tallahassee. Unless otherwise stated in the position, employees are expected to work Monday - Friday from 8 AM until 5 PM. All positions are listed on jobs.fsu.edu and can be found by searching for location (St. Teresa) or by the Job ID (position) number.
Note that faculty positions have guidance in the ads for how to apply.
Tobacco Free Campus - Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Veteran's Preference - Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034. IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
Florida State University is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
The FSU Coastal & Marine Lab (FSUCML), located 1 hour south of Tallahassee, seeks a full-time Custodian with strong customer service skills to provide custodial services for all FSUCML facilities, including offices, housing, laboratories, classrooms, and restrooms. The successful candidate is expected to be a good team player with the ability to work effectively with other employees, vendors, and the public. This person is also expected to use good judgment when fulfilling custodial duties and making decisions as well as adhere to all FSUCML safety procedures and policies. Promoting an atmosphere of teamwork and supporting the FSUCML mission to conduct scientific research is vital in this role. It is expected that this position provides assistance to other facilities staff members as needed. Other duties as assigned.
We seek an individual who can work well in a dynamic environment with scientists as well as students from many different disciplines, including marine biology, fisheries ecology, and oceanography.
- Completion of 9th grade education.
- Ability to apply general maintenance principles, practices, and procedures of custodial work.
- Good team player with the ability to work effectively with FSU employees, vendors, and the public, including the ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills, follow written and oral instructions, and communicate effectively - verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of and the ability to identify safety hazards and implement necessary safety precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Ability to safely operate machinery, tools, equipment and materials related to work area
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position to include bending, squatting, lifting, moving objects up to 40 pounds, going up and down stairs, using ladders, and standing and walking for extended periods.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines; knowledge of office procedures, practices and etiquette; and the ability to operate a computer.
- Valid Florida driver's license and the ability to safely operate FSUCML vehicles.
For specific job duties and information or to apply, visit https://fla.st/3anRbeI