Graduate Student Scholarships & Awards
The FSU Coastal & Marine Lab, the Department of Biological Science, the Florida Sea Grant, and others provide rich opportunities for graduate students to find support for their research.
FSU Coastal & Marine Laboratory Scholarships & Awards
- The FSUCML Board of Trustees Graduate Student Research Fund - This scholarship supports FSU graduate students who use the FSUCML as a base for conducting their research. Funds are available thanks to the generosity of the FSUCML Board of Trustees. Please click here & follow instructions carefully on how to apply. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 14, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- The Coastal & Marine Conservation Graduate Student Award- This scholarship provides a Summer (only) Research Assistantship to FSU graduate students who are working in the Gulf of Mexico, particularly around the marine lab, in any of the following areas: (1) protection and conservation of coastal and marine habitats; (2) protection of ecologically and economically important marine species; and (3) sustainable fisheries. Please click here & follow instructions carefully on how to apply. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 14, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- The Matt Beard Memorial Award for Excellence in Research - This award is given by FSUCML to a recipient selected by the FSU Diving Control Board.
- The FSUCML Diving Scholarship - This scholarship provides funding for deserving FSU students to become Scientific Divers. Preference will be given to students from historically underrepresented groups that are enrolled in scientific programs with identified research purposes. Applications closed for 2021.
FSU Department of Biological Science
- Scholarships for undergraduate biological science majors
- Scholarships for graduate students in biological science
Non-FSU Scholarships of Interest
- Florida Sea Grant Scholarships & Fellowships
- Southern Association of Marine Laboratories Student Travel Support
- Lerner Gray Grant for Marine Research
- Diving Scholarships for students using scuba as a tool for research
Last Updated: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 2:23 PM