Graduate Student Scholarships & Awards
The FSU Coastal & Marine Lab, the Department of Biological Science, the Florida Sea Grant, and others provide rich opportunities for graduate students to find support for their research.
FSU Coastal & Marine Laboratory Scholarships & Awards
- The FSUCML Board of Trustees Graduate Student Research Fund - This scholarship supports FSU graduate students who use the FSUCML as a base for conducting their research. Funds are available thanks to the generosity of the FSUCML Board of Trustees. Please click here & follow instructions carefully on how to apply. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 24 February 2021.
- The Coastal & Marine Conservation Student Award- This scholarship provides a Summer (only) Research Assistantship to FSUCML graduate students who are working in the Gulf of Mexico, particularly around the marine lab, in any of the following areas: (1) protection and conservation of coastal and marine habitats; (2) protection of ecologically and economically important marine species; and (3) sustainable fisheries. Please click here & follow instructions carefully on how to apply. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 24 February 2021
- The FSUCML also gives the Matt Beard Memorial Award for Excellence in Research. The recipient of this award is selected by the Dive Control Board members and advisors.
FSU Department of Biological Science
- Scholarships for undergraduate biological science majors.
- Scholarships for graduate students in biological science.
Non-FSU Scholarships of Interest
- Florida Sea Grant Scholarships & Fellowships
- Southern Association of Marine Laboratories Student Travel Support
- Lerner Gray Grant for Marine Research
- Diving Scholarships for students using scuba as a tool for research