The Coastal and Marine Conservation Student Research Award
- Provides in-state stipend for a Summer Research Assistantship and tuition at the normal departmental rate in the year of award. The intent of the award is to encourage use of the Florida State University Coastal and Marine Laboratory.
- Must be an FSUCML graduate student enrolled in a M.Sc. or Ph.D. program at Florida State University in a department within the College of Arts and Sciences
- Must be actively engaged in thesis/dissertation research related to one of the following areas:
- Protection and conservation of coastal and marine habitats
- Protection of ecologically and economically important marine species; and/or
- Sustainable fisheries.
- Research must require the use of FSUCML facilities.
- Past recipients are ineligible in consecutive years
- Quality of the study description and the importance and originality of the proposed research
- Clear description of the applicant's need for the assistantship and use of the FSUCML facilities
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter briefly describing your research project and your research ties to the FSUCML (1 page).
- A research statement (2-3 pages, single spaced—excluding tables, figures, references) that includes an introduction clearly stating the conceptual background for the research and the questions being addressed, the objectives to be met, methods, preliminary or anticipated results, significance of the research, and references.
- A curriculum vitae (include name of advisor) that provides your educational history, research experience, publications (including ‘gray literature’ contributions); presentations (including oral presentations, posters, and those presented by co-authors).
Please merge all documents into a single pdf file and submit to Dr. Felicia Coleman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About Our Students
Last Updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 2:02 PM