Congratulations to the following recipients of the first FSUCML graduate student scholarship awards. The funds support research expenses of students who are using the FSUCML as a base for conducting their Masters or Doctoral research. Scholarships went to the following students (shown left to right in the photo):
- Ellen Kosman (BIO, Advisor Levitan) - "An examination of the shift in allelic frequencies in gamete recognition proteins and genotype=based fertilization success rates based on sperm environment."
- Cheston Peterson (BIO, Advisor Grubbs) - "Stable nitrogen isotope turnover rates and diet-tissue discrimination factors of Atlantic sharpnose sharks, Rhizoprionodon terraenovae, under semi-controlled conditions."
- Matt Kolmann(BIO, Advisor Grubbs) - "Feeding ecomorphology in the cownose ray, Rhinoptera bonasus."
- Travis Richards (BIO, Advisor Grubbs) - "Determining the trophic structure and underlying nutrient source dynamics of an estuarine predator, Cynoscion nebulosus, in a river dominated estuary."
- Zack Boudreau (BIO, Advisor Levitan) - "Fitness consequences of demographic change in a crustacean fishery (stone crabs)."